Thursday, July 3, 2008

Is it Just Me?

I have kinda been on shut down mode lately. The enviorment around me has been seriously bothering me. I keep wondering if it is because I was in a very small town before we moved to Pa and I just have been out of the loop so to say. Little back ground...............I grew up in the bay area in California. By no means was I sheltered and not exposed to anything. I am 45 years old now. I still remember walking through San Francisco as a kid seeing all kinds of things. LOL! You know peace, love and all that. But what I am seeing now from people is down right anger in them. People are angry. Just yesterday I saw a young adult man jump on top of a mini van that his girlfriend was in. Jumping and swearing! All in front of the Weis grocery store. Angelo got a good ear full. Oh, did I have explaining to do in this one. Why was that mean man hitting that car? Why was he yelling? Why does that woman use bad words? Why? Why? Why? AGHHHHHH!
Now this is not out of the ordinary. Things around me have been going on for the past couple of weeks like this. A heard a woman yelling last week our back alley....I guess at her boyfriend. This was around 2 in the morn. That one was an eye opener!
Hey, I live in a nice neighborhood with nice quiet neighbors. So, I thought. Maybe it is just me but I am seeing a huge change in people. Thanks for hearing me vent!

3 comments:

Noel said...

I get where you are coming from. Even watching tv lately I have watched some commercials( in particular one talking about not being ashamed of a one night stand) and think...what kind of message are we sending our children? There is even a commercial for beer about a guy who is " venting" with his pals but in the commercial he is lying to his girlfriend to do this and it supposed to be funny. So by that we are teaching our kids it is okay to not tell the truth to people we are in a relationship with...wrong in my opinion. I just take the opportunity to talk to the kids about my opinions on it all and hope they agree with me in the long run.
Noel

Heather said...

I often wonder what the heck we were thinking bringing our kids into this world. I just pray that their will be a change and soon.

Tara said...

I know what you mean. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. It's almost scary. I really hate to see what the world will be like when our kids are our age.