Monday, July 28, 2008

Fire Flies




I know that all you Easterner's are probably used to them but Me and the boys are totally amazed by those little lighting bugs. The closest I ever came to ever see them before was on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride in Disney.
Angelo got himself a new bug net and every night he is out there at dusk, swooping, running and jumping after those little glimpses of light. As I sat on the deck tonight watching him, I wondered if he will always find such amazement in the little things in life. I hope so.........I would hate for him to lose that magic of God's wonders that we all seem to lose as we get older. I am so blessed that I have him to remind me to sit back and catch a few fire flies. I realize that God gave this wonderful little person to me to forget sometimes about the routine things and just go with the love of living today at this moment.
God Bless you all and your own little " lighting bugs"

4 comments:

Julie said...

You speak with such wonder and excitement that I almost hate to tell you what we did with them when we were kids. It is really gross. We made rings out of them by smashing them on our ring fingers. I told you it was gross.:)

Katie said...

Julie!!! I am horrified!!!

I have never seen them in real life, closest i came were glo worms in New Zealand...

Heather said...

Awe, I can just picture him :)
You know, I didn't realize that fireflies were an eastern thing until the other day when someone mentioned it to me. I can't imagine not having them around. They are magical.
Caleb is very curious about them too. When he does catch them, he usually ends up glowing for half the night himself. I guess that is the downfall of being used to seeing them.
Julie!! I can't believe You!!!!! ;)

Ava's Grandma Kim said...

I am looking forward to the weekend. The fireflies (aka "lightning bugs") will be out in droves in my neck of the woods.

One of the little devils got into the house once. We watched him flitting around the living room and it was really cool until the next morning. Those things are UGLY in the daylight!