Monday, July 14, 2008

Do we ever have enough time?


It seems like I cannot keep up with my canning. I have so much to do and soooo little time it seems. I am sure that everyone has felt that way. My home always feels like it is some sort of chaos. What happened to those days that I could start a project and actually finish it? Oh, yeah, I remember.................It was Feb. 15, 1999. The day before Angelo was born! LOL!!!!!! Feb. 16, 1999 was the beginning of my never ending journey to try to keep organized.
Who are these women that have everything in order? When do they find the time to have their cupboards straight and the wash ironed. My kids are lucky that it comes out of the dryer un-wrinkled. My husband always opens a cabinet and something always falls out on him! Hee Hee. I guess I have learned to dunk! I have a half painted wall that I started in January. Today I might get to it. Now, read the word might.
I still have 6 quarts of sour cherries to pit today and figure out what I am going to do with them. I got the cherry pie filling done yesterday. It takes 3 times as long to pit because Angelo just loves to use the pitter. He doesn't push hard enough so, I seem to be picking the seeds out by hand. Oh, well.....Years from now, I will think of this as cherished memory. AGHHHHH!
We went and picked our little puppy, Cosmo up on Saturday. It took us 3 hours to get him. It was such a pleasant trip. Jeno decided to stay with his Mam & Pap. Uncle Joe lives next door with a huge train set-up. He had fun and we had a non-sibling car ride. No fighting and no "Tell him to stop looking at me" time. Angelo was quiet all the way there. He kept asking where NY was. I know he thought we were taking him to a doc. appt. The look of joy on his face when we crossed the NY border. Sooooo funny! He looked at me and said, "I guess we are not going to Philadelphia today"! Oh, my........Now we have the countdown to the Aug. Appts.

4 comments:

Tes said...

For those us that are without a animal to snuggle, i must plead with you to post pictures, i simply must see him again! please and thank you!
Tes

Heather said...

Have fun with your puppy! as if you needed more chaos right? Oh well, one more thing to take care of isn't much considering the massive amounts already piling up? ;)I only say this from experience Laura. Our puppy just turned a year old, and boy was she a spitfire. I will probably start my canning in another month or so. I don't do fruit, just spaghetti sauce, tomato soup, green beans. I freeze my corn and cook down my pumpkin and freeze that. Oh, i shudder already thinking of it all.
Can't wait to see pics of cosmo.

Julie said...

I have never canned so I am just impressed that you do it. I am a stay at home mom except for the 2 hours 3 days a week that I sit with a woman who has alzheimers. I never feel like have everything done so you are not alone. Enjoy the puppy.

Katie said...

LOL stuff falls ut of my cupboards, i hate to confess this but... i dont own an ironing board and ive never canned in my life!! Congrats on the pup :) i look forward to pictures!