Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday


Well, I haven't signed on a lot lately. It seems with the summer going on, I never have any time. We have been canning up a storm and working on the garden a lot. I have zucchinis and yellow squash growing out of my ears! Angelo has a pumpkin plant that has taken over the yard. I swear it is something out of a sci-fi movie. This little plant started with one seed in a children's peat pot for a science project for him. This little plant must be 25 feet long ( I am not kidding). We have it going down the side of the hill and now it is traveling down my backyard. Last count, he had 20 small pumpkins. He is so excited. I do not think the neighbors are though. I had to sneak next door and chop down the vines from this monster before they saw. Thank goodness they were gone (Senior couple that has a picture perfect yard). Oh, and Angelo learned a new joke. Here it goes because he wanted it posted

How do you mend a broken Jack-o-lantern? With a pumpkin patch!

Angelo has been up and down the past couple of weeks. One min. he is happy the next he is crying. I guess it is waaaaaay better than when he was in this hitting and swearing stage. Boy, does he not like to sit in time out! It is like pulling his little teeth! I also put a drop of vinegar on his tongue when he said a bad word. I told him sour words deserve a sour mouth. It didn't seem to phase him too much. I then remembered that he loves salt & vinegar chips. LOL!!! Oh, well! It was worth a try. He also went through a "I will not wash my hair phase" He would cry and scream when I would wash his hair. Thank goodness he runs through the sprinkler and get his hair wet because I was only getting to wash it 2 times a week there for a month. Now, would you believe, he wants his hair washed everyday! Sometimes twice a day! UGH! I turn around and he is stripped in the bathroom with shampoo in his hand. Last week, I had to drag him in there. Now, I am telling him he is wasting too much water...................................What's a girl to do? I would rather have a clean son than a stinky one!

I hope everyone has gotten their Knobels flyer. I know that it is 2 months away, but I cannot wait! I love seeing all those happy faces!

4 comments:

Tes said...

you make me laugh! I say give him shampoo only when he is outside. wait....may end up with a streaker, never mind.

Julie said...

Try making him take a bite of something he doesn't like. Lima beans would work here.:) Sounds like your having a good summer.

Katie said...

LOL!
As for swearing, this is going to make me sound really bad... there is a product called 'bitter lime' which is technically to stop dogs chewing stuff, non toxic of course and it also works well on swearing kids...
I used to have an awful time trying to brush Jais teeth, he would scream and cry now he LOVES to clean his teeth and if he dissapears during the day you can bet he is hiding in the bathroom cleaning his teeth - Still no luck with the hair washing though!

Heather said...

We do soap. I know people have told me to be careful with that, but he spits it right out. Plus he hates it. I haven't had a problem with cussing for a while now. Caleb is finally washing his own hair. I still have to talk him through the shower and the washing,but he is getting more independant. I love that you are blogging. We have so much in common with our boys! Makes me feel more normal, you know what I mean? :)