Friday, June 27, 2008

Strawberry picking


Last night we went Mulberry picking and to day it was Strawberries!

Angelo and Jeno had tons of fun! We each had a basket and ended up with 4.5 quarts of strawberries. I will be making strawberry jam all weekend! Angelo and his Pap ate the last jar last week. I didn't realize how many we picked until I got home and started cleaning and measuring them. I have 10lbs of blueberries coming next week from a local farmer. I think I will save some and mix the blueberries and strawberries for jam. It was sooo hot! and humid while we were picking. Wouldn't you know...as soon as we were done it started to rain. LOL!!! It was so funny, every strawberry Angelo picked he had to show to me or his Dad for inspection. We were done with our baskets and he has maybe 20 perfect strawberries. I had to take him along and help him fill his basket. He informed me that he liked his strawberries much better than the ones I picked! Ohhhhh, the little skunk!

No comments: