Friday, May 23, 2008

New outlook


Well, I woke up this morning feeling so frumpy. I saw this picture and that is how I feel about myself lately. I know it is the whole sleep deprive, can't keep up with the housework, I've gained that extra 5 or is it 10lbs I really don't need and I feel extra old today. I looked in the mirror and saw, OMGosh, My hair style is looking like my Mom's. Oh, what's a girl to do? I used to be the image of heath. Along with a hysterectomy it seemed my self esteem went too. Funny thing how not being able to have children anymore (whether you want to or not) can effect you and your body. I always pictured myself with around six kids. But, I guess I got that with Angelo! He is six kids in one!
Today, I decided to stop having a Pity Party and to stop saying I do not have enough time! Time to work on me too! Going to get this tired body going and exercise. I walk all the time but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I am actually going for a haircut and stop my beauty school bathroom time with scissors. Maybe cutting out chocolate could help too. NO WAY!!!! Chocolate is my stress meds. Going to have to work on that!
As my Nana says "Put on some lipstick and you can conquer anything" At 93 she has to know a thing or two. LOL!

2 comments:

Julie said...

It must be a hysterectomy thing. I had mine in October and went through a spell. I started exercising everyday and although I am not back into my size 6's I feel alot better about myself. Good luck.

Katie said...

did you know that stressed spelt backwards is desserts - so there for to reverse stress, eat desserts :)