Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Another sleepless Night

Angelo had another one of his sleepless nights. He generally will wake up around 2 times and go back asleep. The last few nights he has been up and will not go back to sleep. I guess I get to go through the day in another fog like state. I remember when I was younger, I could dance all night, stay up til 4am and then be at work by 8:30am. Without a bag under any eye! Today it looks like my eyes have their own set of luggage. Funny how children change you. Having Angelo is like having an infant for the past 9 years. I now have total respect for those women with a lot of children. I can count on one hand how many times Angelo and I have slept through the night since he was born. We have him on melatonin but it only puts him to sleep. It never keeps him asleep. I am hoping to be able to address this when we get into CHOP. Last night, I was ready to just start crying over the non-sleep issue, then Angelo looks at me and says "You know Mom, you are my best friend and you always take care of me"! Whats a girl to do??? Well, this girl curled up with him on the recliner and watched the Disney Channel at 3 in the morning until he feel back asleep. I know that God does not give you anything you cannot handle but a little extra sleep would sure help my outlook on the day!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Amen on the more sleep issue! Cale is finally to the point where if he gets up, he settle back in on his own. I keep telling the other moms that I am still catching up on lack of sleep from Caleb's earlier years. I feel like I'll never get enough :) I hope you get some answers at CHOP. I'm thinking maybe I should start the appointment process since yours is way in August. I don't want to go out when it's cold. Hope tonight is a good sleepy night for Angelo.
Heather

Tara said...

I am right there with you and feel your pain! (Although payton is just four years old, so by the time she's Angelo's age I imagine I'll be even more frustrated!). Angelao is a doll - I can't wait til I see pics of him and Caleb together at the railroad!