Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sad Day

Knoebels was a total wash! I understand that the rain was a problem. But Me, as a person would of called or tried to call the person who was putting on the get-together and let them know that there would be a good possibility I wasn't showing up. Instead I had gotten quite a few "We will be there rain or shine" There was 15 families that RSVP'd and I only had one that emailed to see if we were still having the event. Not one showed up nor did anyone phone, email or cell phone me (which was posted several times on the list serve) I really didn't care for me but, the look on Angelo's face was devastating as he waited among his balloon lined picnic tables in the Pavilion. Yes, it did rain off and on. And yes, if I were only attending, I might not show up (but generally I am a trooper) but I sure the #$%^ (excuse me) would of let someone know! Sorry about the venting but I was under the impression that families with WS kinda understood how their child with WS would feel sitting there waiting for his so called"special friends" to show up. We waited for two hours because he would not leave the area afraid he might miss someone. Only when his Dad agreed to stay did I get him on the rides for a while. I am so upset. I cannot get the look of his sadness out of my mind. I almost wrote a nasty email when I saw this on the list serve, written in the mid day, TODAY.
9wslist mailing list };
Liz,We are about 2 1/2 hours away and due to the weather decided not to go. The weather here is supposed to be pretty severe.Cathy (Alexus WS-9)
Written not to me, but to someone else. I wanted to post a FYI to the list serve in manners on responding to an event and then deciding not to go. Decided to vent on the blogger instead. Sorry! I know I will feel different tomorrow or at lest off of my milk box. I am so disillusioned by this WSA group and people just in general.

5 comments:

The Pitchforths said...

I am so sorry that this happened! My heart goes out to you as a parent, because it's hard enough with a child with WS, let alone the ups and downs of drama! Rain or shine, I would have been there! Brynnie says, "Gimmie Luvs"!

Heather said...

Poor little guy. It stinks to see them so sad...
Give him a huge hug from his buddy Caleb. Hey, I don't know if you let Angelo talk on the phone, I usually don't let caleb, but I could have caleb call Angelo like once a week for a 'little' chat session. I know they both like to talk, and they both have same interests.
We don't pay extra for long distance. Would you be okay with that? I've been wanting to ask you for awhile and keep forgetting.

Laura said...

Oh, Laura, I'm so sorry that happened. How sad for poor Angelo. I feel for you, I know how very disappointed Michaela would have been.

Tara said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. You are so right - it's so hard to explain...and to see his face so sad must have been awful.

Staying awake until 5am! oh, I feel for you.

Julie said...

I am so sorry. I almost cried for him when I read this. I still have a lump in my throat. Please don't get disillusioned. Sometimes people just don't think. At least that is what I try to tell myself when people let me down. I guess it is different when they let our children down.