Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Recipe for Friendship




I received this poem from a very clever friend, who always knows when to send me the right stuff. After reading the poem, it was like a kick in the bum to me. What else can I do when I already feel tapped out? I sometimes feel like I am being pulled by all sides to do do the right thing and to solve everyones problems. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I have been very down lately with our move to PA. It seems we are no better off than in WY. Angelo has not received anything different as far as medical is concerned. We are also worse off financially. It seems so funny since we are making 3 times as much (that old oil bill hasn't helped)We are having one FAMILY CRISIS AFTER ANOTHER. That in itself I can handle but this is sickness and death kinda stuff. Blah! and of course who do they look at to be the rock. MY husband (oldest son of oldest son). But, who does my husband come to..................ME! I guess I am just tired. So, after reading this poem, I asked God "What else can I do"? (It was more of a comment not a question). My only answer was "More" Simple as that "More" AGHHHHHHH! Well, I guess I better face the day. Stop doing a Laura Pity me Party. Get outa my PJ's and start working on canning and homeschool. The number one thing I need to do is plug my phone back in. ( Hee hee) I have been in that "If, you Really need to talk to me...call my cell phone mood) After you read the poem. You will ask yourself "What does this have to do with all her rambling"? Probably nothing....... But, it sure is funny how God works in little ways to get you back on track.








Recipe For Friendship

Fold two hands together
And express a dash of sorrow
Marinate it overnight
And work on it tomorrow

Chop one grudge in tiny pieces
Add several cups of love
Dredge with a large sized smile
Mix with the ingredients above

Dissolve the hate within you
By doing a good deed
Cut in and help your friend
If he should be in need

Stir in laughter, love, and kindness
From the heart it has to come
Toss with genuine forgiveness
And give your neighbor some

The amount of people served
Will depend on you
It can serve the whole wide world
If you really want it to

1 comment:

Heather said...

I really like that poem Laura. Since you've plugged your phone back in, will you send me your phone # again, so Caleb can call Angelo? Thanks :)