Thursday, September 11, 2008

09/11


Can you believe it has been 7 years since that tragic event? I can still remember cruzing through my bedroom about 6:30 (we were in Colorado) and hearing a newscaster say " OMG a plane has crashed into the Twin Towers"! At that time we all thought it was just a plan with a dysfunction . Then to watch in horror as the other plane made its way to the Towers. Then the plane in PA and the Pentagon. I do not know about you but my whole outlook on life changed at that time. My feeling of security just flew out the window. My generation never had to deal with any horror. My grandparents and parents dealt with WWII, Korea and Vietnam. But it never touched our soil. WOW................Isn't it funny that more people were prepared for the millennium than they were for an attack on their own country. I know people that gathered flashlights, first-aid kits, water, generators, blankets, 30 days worth of water and books to live off the land, just in case. All just to watch the clock hit midnight and nothing happened. HA! I lived in a small community of people for a while that keeps a years worth of food in their basement. They have people assigned to each neighborhood as a "disaster leader" Every house has a box under their sink that has a red flag. If a disaster should arise and you are really hurt you put the red flag out. If you are okay or are not so bad you don't. This way they know who to go to 1st. I always wondered what you would do if everyone was unconscious in your home?"LOL!!!! But, it is a good idea and it shows how they care about their neighbor. Wouldn't it be nice if the whole country could feel that way about each other? Why does it take a tragic event like 9/11 to kick Americans in their bums? And then how long did it last until people started to say it was a conspiracy? I thank God for those who stand behind our flag and defend it. I watch young men, the age of a couple of my children, march off to protect us. I have girlfriends who sons and daughters have gone or are in Iraq now. At times I feel that it was just a bad dream. I pray for those that had to live it and have lost their love ones to 9/11. I am sure they still live it everyday. Here is a wed-site with photos and video of that tragic day and after. I am going to try to download it and keep it on a disk for later years. I know years from now, my grandkids are going to ask me if that day really happened. http://www.september-11th.us/Archive.html

2 comments:

Tes said...

It still gives me chills and I hope I never ever forget what this has done to our great country!
Blessings

Julie said...

I will never forget that day. It has changed our country forever.