Sunday, March 15, 2009

Oh, my gosh...has it really been this long since I posted? Well, our family has been through so much the last few months that I am not quite sure where to start....................I guess the worse news first is that my Dad passed away a few weeks ago. It was very sudden and only a couple of weeks after being here in PA visiting us for the Christmas holiday. We all had to quickly get airline tickets and spent 2 weeks in Wyoming helping my Mom get everything together. My mother is not able to take care of herself (hasn't been able since I was 11 yrs.) and since I am the only child I have now inherited my Mother. My head is always spinning with all the added responsibility and our house has become way too small.
We also now have a girl from Wyoming going to school here in Pa and staying at our home. She was just staying from Thanksgiving of 2008 til June of this year. But, now she is headed towards a degree and I guess it will be until 2010 til she moves back. LOL!!!! The poor boys are on a roll away and there is stuff everywhere. We have been looking for a new home that will fit us all but nothing seems to be out there. Hopefully with God's help the right house will appear before we all go crazy.
I still need to go back to Wyoming when it gets warmer and finalize a lot of things. We still need to spread my Dad's ashes at the Grand Tetons. Weather was not permitting for us to even get near them. We have to wait until June or July.
Angelo is holding up pretty good but he doesn't like to be away from his home base very long. He has an eight day limit anywhere we go. After a week he is done and wants back home and nothing will change his mind.
On a good note, I signed Angelo up for dance class. I know it is a girl thing but he loves dancing so much and he really doesn't have anything that is just his to do. So, off we went yesterday for his 1st class and he had a blast. They do tap, ballet and jazz all in one class. He is so stiff! I really feel that all the stretching is going to help him. He paid attention and really tried everything that she was teaching.
I have finally been able to look at emails in 6 weeks and I see that there is a lot that maybe happening with the WS people. I am hoping to get my family involved in things and not have myself a "Polly pity me party" It has just been so much and I still have not even had a chance to grieve the passing of my Dad. I keep on pushing through because I can't break down. My Mom is very "unbalanced" and Angelo is so sensitive to any emotion I have. The reality of his death has not fully hit me yet. I keep thinking my Dad is going to call me on the phone or walk through the door. I guess I am hoping that I will wake up and it was just all a bad dream.




6 comments:

Laura said...

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss, I know first hand how hard the loss of a parent is. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

I think it's fabulous that Angelo is taking dance and loving it!

Heather said...

Laura, I am so glad for an update.
I am so very sorry about your Dad. I just lost my Gramma who was like my 2nd Mom, and I too still want to call her up to tell her things. Then it hits me all over again. I know what you mean about the grieving. I felt horrible inside, but had to keep it together for Caleb's sake.
I am so glad you signed Angelo up for dance. It is something I had considered for Caleb. He loves to tap like happy feet. :)
Hope it is something that he sticks with for a long time.
Call me sometime when things aren't so hectic.
xoxo, Heather

Julie said...

I am so glad to hear from you. So sorry about your father. I will pray that you will find a bigger home. I am sure that will relieve tons of stress. I actually can see Noah being interested in dance as he gets older. He always is moving when there is music on and he loves to watch people dance on tv.

Noel said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
It sounds like your house is full! But at least it is full of love too :)

Nancy said...

Oh, I am so sorry about your father. It sounds like you have your hands full right now. Hang in there...

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for you and your loved ones loss. You and yours are in my thoughts. Anna